Skip to main content
Question
Psychology
Luisraul Sanchez
Postdoctoral Neuropsychology Resident
Asked a question 5 months ago

As I take EPPP practice tests, I realize I have significant problems converting learned theoretical (black and white) information to the applied format in which the questions are written (e.g., knowing that blowing into a straw to treat panic disorder is a form of "interoceptive conditioning"). I failed the EPPP last month because of this issue. What suggestions do you all have to overcome this obstacle?

Where am I?

In Triad you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Erica Whiting
Licensed Clinical Psychologist ā€¢ AATBS EPPP Coach

Great question! The EPPP is filled with application questions, so once you have a solid understanding of a concept, you'll want to expand on that through developing examples and connecting it with information you already have. @Andrea Ranieri mentioned a great way to create free-form concept map to build connections across info you already know. Another way to build on these connections while studying is to try teaching the concept to a family member or friend and use examples. By generating applied, practical examples and breaking down information into a more digestible format, you're developing a deeper understanding of the material.Ā 

Related Questions

No related questions.

Question Stats

2 followers
Asked a question 5 months ago
Views this month