Jennifer Kolb
Jennifer Kolb
 · Licensed Clinical Social Worker

Nutrition and Mental Health

I think every January I've likely started out with a goal to eat better and move more.  I imagine most of us do with the end-of-the-year holiday indulgences.  Sometimes that tapers off, but other times it becomes a fully formed habit.  And simply put, makes you feel good! But why is that?

“Connection between food and mood is becoming not only more well known, but also more well researched,” said Dr. Teralyn Sell psychotherapist and brain health expert, “It is no secret that inflammatory foods such as sugar have played a pivotal role in physical health and now we have made the connection to mental health as well. An article written by Bryan Robinson, Ph.D.,   discusses four foods that promote brain health and productivity: protein, omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, and vitamin D. 

Sounds like a winning combo- eating better for your overall health, while also increasing your mood! If you'd like to read more please visit: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanrobinson/2021/03/05/4-brain-foods-to-promote-mindful-productivity-and-career-health/?sh=2a341102387f