Skip to main content
Question
Asked a question 28 days ago

After 12 years of full-time graduate study in 2 different master's programs and 2 separate PhD programs (neither one actually completed) not to mention 20 years of college instruction and university lecturing -- I am returning to my original profession of mental health counseling and my question is this: When I encounter false beliefs or ignorance that is at least somewhat related to a clients' therapy goals or tasks...or to an important issue of citizenship in today's America -- and in an area of my academic work -- how appropriate is it for me deliver a 3-5 min corrective lecturette? Assuming, of course, that we would have discussed such an eventuality in advance, cuz I miss teaching and know that I must warn people in advance...?

Where am I?

In Triad you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

I think it is very important.  One behavior I constantly see is people avoiding correcting an idea or educating an individual.  I grew up constantly either being educated or corrected.  Today it seems to me, some people would rather keep quiet.  This is not good for anyone in my opinion.  

Related Questions

No related questions.

Question Stats

15 view
1 follower
Asked a question 28 days ago
Views this month