Self-disclosure

Hi everyone,

My name is Carlos A. Torres, and I am an adult student attempting to achieve a counseling/mental health degree, which is necessary to professionally exercise what I enjoy doing the most, which helping others.

Each individual's career development may take different paths, and sometimes this occupational quest may help the individual in matching own personality, and concept with the proper career. This concept has molded my focus and serves as a guide that strengthen own commitment and desires to go on. The counseling program has become my first priority and I know that within the TRIAD community I will find the proper support to grow and ace the ECPC. :)

As a novice student, I have learned basic things about the process of the client's helper therapeutic relationship, and other areas such as been a reflective practitioner, evidence-based practitioner, and client-centered helper, but I'm still missing "tools in hand" practice. This present status will evolve in due time, as I progress through the stages established by the counseling department. I am confident that I will find the appropriate tools and necessary help enough to pass the exam, when the time comes. 

In general, I want to say thank you in advance to everyone within the TRIAD community, and that I feel welcome. As a counseling student interested in passing the exam, I will play my role and will benefit from my participation, as well as from other's input. In summary, I am here to learn and achieve the proper skills necessary that would assist me in passing the exam. Thank you all in advance.

Respectfully submitted,

Carlos A. Torres

2 replies